VIKING Evacuation Slide (VES-DD), double track slide - steel systems
Prod. No.: VES-DD
The VIKING Evacuation Slide (VES) is a high capacity evacuation system that can be adjusted to match any ship design and capacity with a range of liferaft sizes from 25-101 persons. Ideal for high sided passenger vessels.
- Evacuates 657 people within 30 minutes, or 386 persons within 17 min 40 sec (HSC)
- Installation heights between 6 and 15 m
- Extremely stable, even in very rough seas
- Simple to operate and requires few crew members
- Can be installed at extreme forward and aft positions
- Flexible installation and capacity
- Can be used as means of rescue (MOR)
- Complies with all international regulations
- Can be used in combination with a wide range VIKING liferaft types
The slide angle allows for installation in extreme for and aft positions without disturbing critical areas when deployed. It can be built-in flush to the vessel’s side. and additional liferafts can be stored almost anywhere on board and remotely released as needed.
The landing platform saves valuable time in an emergency situation as evacuation can begin before the liferafts are completely inflated. Several evacuees can descend the double slide at the same time and access the system liferafts from the landing station. The platform can also be disengaged from the slide and act as a supplementary rescue unit.
VIKING’s special angle provides stability
The 30° angleof the slide compensates for sea and ship movement, even in heavy weather. Can also be used as means of rescue and embarkation systems. Grab lines along the length of slide allows crew members to return to the vessel during or after evacuation and evacuees to pull themselves up from the platform and board the ship. Specially designed stretchers are available for rescue from the platform to ship for those unable to use the grab lines.