Better by design
Rescue boats and fast rescue boats
VIKING Norsafe rescue boats are used every day by thousands of operators in offshore, marine, cruise and ferry as well as military applications.
The design and construction of these boats showcase all of VIKING Norsafe's ability and experience. Our rescue boats and fast rescue boats provide excellent maneuverability with low maintenance standby and operation providing the means for effective search and recovery for people at sea.
Some models - MERLIN-615 R and MAKO-655 - are available as both rescue boat and fast rescue boat. We also offer a number of optional features and equipment. Read on to learn more.
Fast rescue boats
* Maximum capacity is based on SOLAS configuration (430 mm and 82.5 kg per person)
Davits and hooks for rescue boats and fast rescue boats
Key features of VIKING Norsafe rescue boats and fast rescue boats
- Effective platform for Search and Rescue operations, developed by highly experienced designers and operators
- Easy to operate and proven in general work boat duties with flexible working space
- Proven deep-V hull design, comfortable and dry riding, with excellent sea-keeping for smooth ride and maneuverability
- Robust fibreglass (GRP) construction for maximum stregth as well as ease of maintenance and operation
- Off-load release hooks in duplex fitted as standard
- Diesel engines with EN590 fuel compliance and EPA approvals
- LED work lights, navigation and communication packages
- Options for on-load release towing hook, rescue cradle (Dacon) and shock-mitigating seats
- Crew safety gear