Better by design
Davits for free-fall lifeboat systems for offshore
VIKING Norsafe free-fall davits provide rapid evacuation using a skid launch - guaranteeing that lifeboats enter the water well away from the ship or offshore installation. And the hydraulic winch systems streamline lifeboat launch and recovery.
The free-fall davits are manufactured in-house at VIKING Norsafe facilities and designed to suit the full range of our VIKING Norsafe free-fall lifeboats. Take a closer look at the range and don't hesitate to contact us, if you have any questions.
Key features of VIKING Norsafe free-fall davits
- Uniquely designed to meet existing interface with optimised structures reducing weight impact on the host installation or ship.
- Typically designed to meet SOLAS and NORSOK requirements
- Alternatives for ATEX or IEC EX specifications for operation in hazardous zones
- Designed for safe maintenance and operation in offshore and marine working environments
- Special solutions available for extreme high or low temperatures
- Project-specific solutions for retrofit
- Designed and manufactured at VIKING Norsafe facilities
Building a new vessel or platform?
When making boat and davit choices for newbuildings, there are plenty of design and maintenance strategy decisions to make – as well as regulations to be aware of. And short-term savings in the first phase can quickly evaporate as operational realities take over.
VIKING offers unbeatable safety and convenience with a well-deserved reputation for solving the challenges our customers face. Choose the world’s best boats and davits – we’ll take care of the rest.