July 4, 2022
Free-fall lifeboat and davit systems for commercial vessels
VIKING Norsafe free-fall lifeboats protect the lives of seafarers on board tankers, bulk carriers and container vessels worldwide.
Designed for rapid evacuation, VIKING Norsafe free-fall lifeboats are extensively tested to ensure reliable performance in the harshest conditions. Fast-boarding and robust, they enter the water well away from the mothership - and with a world record free-fall performance of up to 50 m approved drop height.
VIKING Norsafe GES-model free-fall lifeboats offer all the features of conventional lifeboats with the additional safety benefits listed below.
VIKING Norsafe free-fall davits provide rapid evacuation using a skid launch - guaranteeing that lifeboats enter the water well away from the ship or offshore installation. And the hydraulic winch systems streamline lifeboat launch and recovery.
The free-fall davits are manufactured in-house at VIKING Norsafe facilities and designed to suit the full range of our VIKING Norsafe free-fall lifeboats. Take a closer look at the range and don't hesitate to contact us, if you have any questions.
Key safety features of VIKING Norsafe free-fall lifeboats
- Rapid evacuation time from muster point to water entry
- Skid-launched free-fall alone (without engine power) will move the boat to a safe location, away from the platform or mothership
- Simulated release systems to allow manned launch drill without free-fall launch
- Reduced risk of equipment failure or malfunction during maintenance, testing or operation
- Larger free-fall lifeboats are approved to 100 kg per person and beyond
Key features of VIKING Norsafe free-fall davits
- Uniquely designed to meet existing interface with optimised structures reducing weight impact on the host installation or ship.
- Typically designed to meet SOLAS and NORSOK requirements
- Alternatives for ATEX or IEC EX specifications for operation in hazardous zones
- Designed for safe maintenance and operation in offshore and marine working environments
- Special solutions available for extreme high or low temperatures
- Project-specific solutions for retrofit
- Designed and manufactured at VIKING Norsafe facilities
Explore our range of lifeboats
* Maximum capacity is based on SOLAS configuration (430 mm and 82.5 kg per person)
Explore our range of davits
Building a new vessel or platform?
VIKING offers unbeatable safety and convenience with a well-deserved reputation for solving the challenges our customers face. Choose the world’s best boats and davits – we’ll take care of the rest.