VIKING Evacuation MiniChute (VEMC)
Prod. No.: VEMC
The lightweight and compact VEMC is based on the full size VIKING Evacuation Chute (VEC) - for small and medium vessels, though.
- Evacuation capacity: 582 people in 30 minutes or 326 in 17 min 40 sec (HSC)
- Installation heights from 5 to 20 metres
- Reinforced with DuPont™ Kevlar® for evacuee protection
- Available with either A or B SOLAS emergency pack
- Requires few crew members
- Stowage unit can be installed almost anywhere on board, and can also be unbolted and lifted off the vessel for servicing.
- Complies with all international regulations
It is integrated with a 101 person self-righting liferaft and capacity can be increased by attaching additional throw-overboard liferafts. The fully enclosed chute is lined with fire retardant DuPont™ Kevlar® for extra protection, and it compensates for ship and sea movement during evacuation for safe transfer into the system liferafts.