The long-range distress signal can be used at day or night. May be carried on the ship’s bridge and is a requirement in ship’s Lifeboats and Liferafts.
A day or night long-range distress signal. May be carried on the ship’s bridge and is a requirement in ship’s Lifeboats and Liferafts, also suitable for use in other commercial and recreational boats.
Ideally, should be stored in the robust, specially designed Polybottle, or in a dry, easily accessed location at ambient temperature.
1. Hold signal firmly by ribbed handle. Unscrew RED bottom cap. Do not point at people or property.
2. Hold rocket vertically above head pointing away from body.
3. Ensure hands remain clear of top. To fire - pull red ball sharply down.
- Length: 295 mm
- Diameter at handle: 38 mm
- Diameter: 32 mm
- Weight: 235g
- Net Explosive Cont: 84g
- Light intensity: 30,000 candela
- Burning time: 40 seconds
- Colour of light: red
- Ignition: pull-wire ignitor
- Altitude: 300 m
- Approvals: SOLAS 74/88, IMO Resolution 96/98/EC. SBG 425.005 and USCG