With VIKING Nadiro Drop-In-Ball™ technology
Lifeboat Release hook systems are the focus of the IMO's MsC.1/Circ. 1392 circular that calls for major and mandatory improvements to safeguard lives both in genuine evacuation emergencies and during lifeboat drills at sea. This regulatory driven opportunity has a deadline for implementation no later than July 2019. Systems found to be non-compliant must be replaced or modified.
What is VIKING Nadiro Drop-In-Ball™?
A revolutionary lifeboat hook system that is safe and easy to operate while minimizing the risk associated with accidents during lifeboat operations. The inherently stable load over center hook can be fitted or retrofitted on all makes of lifeboats.
- Hydraulic powered release
- Gravitational forces keeps the hook closed
- Intuitive re-hooking with a safe and easy click-in system
- Easy user interface inside the lifeboat
- Back-up release mechanism ensures reliability
- Compliant with IMO regulations Res. MSC. 320(89) and LSA Code
- Certified according to Marine Equipment Directive (MED)
- Available as single hook and double fall hook system in 3.2, 7.5 and 12.5 t versions