Better by design
Free-fall lifeboat systems for marine professionals
Designed for rapid evacuation, our VIKING Norsafe free-fall lifeboats are extensively tested to ensure reliable performance in the harshest conditions. Fast-boarding and robust, they enter the water well away from the mothership - and with a world record free-fall performance of up to 50 m approved drop height.
VIKING Norsafe GES-model free-fall lifeboats offer all the features of conventional lifeboats with the additional safety benefits listed below.
Key safety features of VIKING Norsafe free-fall lifeboats
- Rapid evacuation time from muster point to water entry
- Skid-launched free-fall alone (without engine power) will move the boat to a safe location, away from the platform or mothership
- Simulated release systems to allow manned launch drill without free-fall launch
- Reduced risk of equipment failure or malfunction during maintenance, testing or operation
- Larger free-fall lifeboats are approved to 100 kg per person and beyond
* Maximum capacity is based on SOLAS configuration (430 mm and 82.5 kg per person)