Better by design
Enclosed lifeboats for offshore professionals
VIKING Norsafe totally enclosed and partially enclosed lifeboats keep your personnel and passengers safe and protected. Our enclosed lifeboats are used all over the world, both on ships and offshore installations, and they are designed and manufactured exclusively at VIKING's production facilities to guarantee product quality.
VIKING Norsafe lifeboats offer outstanding safety and performance in demanding conditions. Even if damaged or fully flooded, the lifeboats are self-righting and virtually unsinkable.
Key features of VIKING Norsafe enclosed lifeboats
- Positive stability up to 180 degrees
- Smaller boats (under 8.5 m) are suitable as both lifeboat and rescue boat
- The largest boats have a maximum capacity of 150 persons in SOLAS configuration (430 mm, 82.5 kg per person) with alternative seating arrangements to accomodate "big persons" in lifeboats
- Constructed in fire-retardant, glass-fibre reinforced polyester (GRP)
- Enclosed lifeboats can be delivered either with the VIKING Nadiro Drop-in-BallTM system or the VIKING Norsafe Tor MK-2 offload release hook
- Models available for compliance with NORSOK R-002 and NOROG requirements
- Possibility for site and host-specific analysis of lifeboat occupant safety through DavitSim analysis
- Enclosed lifeboats can be launched via a cantilevered platform davit, single pivot gravity davit, or hydraulically pivoting davit
|JYN-115 conventional lifeboat|
Totally enclosed lifeboats (TELB)
* Maximum capacity is based on SOLAS configuration (430 mm and 82.5 kg per person)
Davits and hooks for enclosed lifeboats
Investing in VIKING Norsafe solutions for your newbuild helps to
ensure a hassle-free lifetime for the vessel - and keep costs to a minimum.
With a mix of land-based training facilities and e-learning software,
VIKING Safety Academy offers unbeatable value for money.